A masterpiece of political communication

May 2024 Forums General discussion A masterpiece of political communication

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We need to study and learn from this:

http://jimmurphy.scot/if-people-want-rid-of-david-cameron-and-the-tories-the-only-way-to-do-that-is-vote-labour-says-jim/

It's 655 words, written in short sentences.  It repeats itself, and sticks to a very clear argument.  It's deceptively clever for all that.

ALB
    Keymaster

We keep getting emails at HO from prominent Labourites. Here's one from the Leader himself:

Quote:
    People sometimes say that they don't know what we — what I — stand for, so I'll put this in the simplest terms I can, so no one can have any doubts. This country is too unequal, and we need to change it. So here are the promises I'm making to you about the kind of Britain I will lead:First, I will undo the damage the Tories have done to our country:I will scrap the Bedroom Tax, which unfairly punishes the disabled and the vulnerableI will scrap the Health and Social Care Act, which damages and undermines our NHSI will scrap the gagging law, which limits our freedom of speech and right to campaignI will reverse the Tories' £3bn tax cut for millionaires, so we get the deficit down but do it fairlySecond, I will take on the powerful vested interests that hold millions back:I will force energy companies to freeze gas and electricity bills until 2017I will give power back to those who rent their homes, by scrapping letting fees and stabilising tenancy agreementsI will raise money from tobacco companies, tax avoiders, and a mansion tax to fund doctors, nurses, careworkers and midwives for our NHSI will reform our banks so that they properly support small businessesI will stop recruitment agencies hiring only from abroadThird, I will start to rebuild a fairer, better Britain:I will raise the minimum wage, to ensure that everyone that does a hard day's work is properly rewardedI will promote the living wage by giving tax breaks to companies that pay itI will ban the damaging zero-hours contracts that exploit British workersI will bring in a lower 10p income tax rate, cutting taxes for 24 million workersI will support working parents with 25 hours of free childcare for three- and four-year-oldsI will help more young people get on the housing ladder by getting 200,000 homes built every yearI want to know — is this the kind of Britain you want to see? Tell me now which of my three promises is most important to you:

At least he calls them promises., but he omits the word "piecrust".

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.