1990s >> 1998 >> no-1131-november-1998

In a nutshell

1. The resources to produce what we need are owned by the rich 5 percent, while the remaining 95 percent of us do all the work.

2. These two groups, or classes, are always going to be at loggerheads because of it.

3. This dispute will only be settled when we 95 percent organise and abolish class ownership, and run a democratic system of communal ownership instead.

4. When we do this, there will be no further oppression of any sort.

5. But we must do it ourselves, without leaders.

6. Since we can’t fight governments and armies, we must organise to take them over by political means and abolish them along with ownership by the rich.

7. We must oppose any party which wants to keep or reform the present system, no matter how well intentioned.

8. The World Socialist Movement calls upon all workers to organise to do this, in the interests of themselves, their children, and the future of the planet.

Leave a Reply