1990s >> 1992 >> no-1058-october-1992
They Said It . . .
- I believe large wealth in private hands is only morally sustainable if it used to benefit people—The Duke of Westminster.
- We might execute a 12-year old. It depends on the case—US District Attorney John Holmes.
- The government deserves every sympathy in its present situation—Daily Telegraph leader on the sterling crisis.
- We do not attribute emotions to Her Majesty—Buckingham Palace aide, on the Queen and the Fergie photos.
- The Quayle family believes in the power of prayer—Dan Quayle, to a Christian Coalition rally.
- A presidential campaign is not a democracy—Lyn Nofziger, Reagans political director, on the Bush campaign.
- I’m not an expert on the economy— Norman Lamont.