July Online Branch meeting

October 2021 Forums Regional Branches North East July Online Branch meeting

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    northern light
    Participant

please do

Anonymous
    Inactive
    steve colborn wrote:
    Can I move next business?

agree

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to discuss NERB attendance and the branch's future

steve colborn
    Participant

Agree Vin. There are 20 Branch members, yet only 4 are taking part in Branch meetings, online or otherwise.Is there anything else we could do to encourage participation? I personally don't wish to see the Branch fold!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are members active on the internet and I don't know why they don't attend here. Is there a reason for this? I just don't get it.As you say steve, how do we encourage participation and I certainly don't want the branch to foldJust thought I would open up a discussion

steve colborn
    Participant

I totally agree Vin. What is it about "our E meeting" that fails to enthuse members? One would have thought it would be an ideal Forum and meeting place, for such a large, widespread Branch. I would have thought members could have used it to prevent the sort of "isolation" many members feel when they are so geographically disparate!

northern light
    Participant

It's relitively easy to sit in the comfort of one's own home and type on a keyboard. If you attend meetings, sooner or later you have to put your coat on and get physicaly active and that's not so easy.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Vin wrote:
     how do we encourage participation and I certainly don't want the branch to fold

But why should they need encouragement from us? 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps free tea and biscuits

northern light
    Participant

as long as you volunteer to pay, Vin

steve colborn
    Participant

Perhaps we could get Zena to bake everyone who attends a Chocolate cake, and get Joe to deliver them by barra

Anonymous
    Inactive

lol 

northern light
    Participant

If no absent members attend meetings then the future of the N.E.R.B. looks bleak, nevertheless we will arrange a meeting with the Green Party member, and perhaps, Steve you could offer a talk to their N.E. branch.  

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think we should revert to the last weekend of the month, then they all know when we are here

Anonymous
    Inactive
    northern light wrote:
     nevertheless we will arrange a meeting with the Green Party member, and perhaps, Steve you could offer a talk to their N.E. branch.  

I second that

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.