Agenda for August 2015 meeting

December 2022 Forums Regional Branches North East Agenda for August 2015 meeting

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 240 total)
  • Author
    northern light
    Participant

I agree that the membership should be better informed as to why members feel the need to terminate their membership.

steve colborn
    Participant

You have something to discuss Joe!

northern light
    Participant

Yes, Steve. Just need a bit of time to compose it.

Giuseppe-Joe
    Participant

Just the TUC demo in Manchester in October. I've indicated that I'm willing to write a report. Just wondering if the SPGB has an official position on the Trade Union Bill.Joe

steve colborn
    Participant

SAFC 1-1 now. Just given away a penner.

steve colborn
    Participant

Hi Joe. As the bill is anti working class, I would imagine IMO, we would be against it.

northern light
    Participant

Reports, 5d (1)Report of the Membership Applications Committee.During the first six months 1st. Jan — 30th June 2015, thsere were (centrally) 37 membership applicants, 14 of which were accepted During the same time period of 2013, there were 43 applicants, 14 of which were accepted. What does the SPGB do about those who fail their membership application. Do we keep in touch? Do we try and inform them where and why their application failed?Do we make a record of what questions they are getting wrong?Can we have a break-down of membership applications, say, over a 10 year period? People who have taken the time and trouble to attempt to join the SPGB should not be dismissed lightly. If we can not convert people who , actively want to change society, who can we convert?

steve colborn
    Participant

It may be worthwhile asking the EC to send us the last ten years figures. Could send a resolution to that effect.

steve colborn
    Participant

Joe's router is off again, therefore he's has lost his internet connection. He'll be bask asap.

steve colborn
    Participant

I suggest, we as a Branch, request the last ten years figures.I propose this, do we have a seconder?

Eileen Colborn
    Participant

I'd like to second that it could be interesting 

steve colborn
    Participant

Can we have a vote?Those in FavourThose AgainstAbstenttions

steve colborn
    Participant

Has anyone a vote they wish to cast?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just managed to find time. Can you give me a mo to check over today's post 

Giuseppe-Joe
    Participant

Is this concerning the request for the figures?If so, I vote in favour.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 240 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.