Skip to Content

Moderation Suggestions

289 posts / 0 new
Last post
moderator1
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Tue, 26/09/2017 - 1:18pm#251

 

Bob Andrews2nd warninng: 7. You are free to express your views candidly and forcefully provided you remain civil. Do not use the forums to send abuse, threats, personal insults or attacks, or purposely inflammatory remarks (trolling). Do not respond to such messages. Queries or appeals relating to particular moderation decisions should be sent directly to the moderators by private message.   Forum members are free to discuss moderator’s decisions on a separate thread set up for that purpose but should not discuss moderator’s decisions on the main forum. You must continue to abide by the moderators’ decisions pending the outcome of your appeal.
moderator1
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013
Tue, 26/09/2017 - 1:39pm#252Vin 1st Warning: 7. You are free to express your views candidly and forcefully provided you remain civil. Do not use the forums to send abuse, threats, personal insults or attacks, or purposely inflammatory remarks (trolling). Do not respond to such messages. Queries or appeals relating to particular moderation decisions should be sent directly to the moderators by private message.   Forum members are free to discuss moderator’s decisions on a separate thread set up for that purpose but should not discuss moderator’s decisions on the main forum. You must continue to abide by the moderators’ decisions pending the outcome of your appeal. Top 
Vin
Online
Joined: 03/12/2011

Mod you are only giving your friend a warning to justify giving me one. It is so obvious.  Any other forum moderator would have removed this abusive Troll a long time ago.

You have allowed this troll to abuse members without taking action untill I respond to defend myself

ffs stop embarrassing the party

You are treating me with less respect than a fucking stalking troll.  Resign

moderator1
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013

Vin wrote:

Mod you are only giving your friend a warning to justify giving me one. It is so obvious.  Any other forum moderator would have removed this abusive Troll a long time ago.

You have allowed this troll to abuse members without taking action untill I respond to defend myself

ffs stop embarrassing the party

You are treating me with less respect than a fucking stalking troll.  Resign

It may have escaped your notice but your repeated calls for my resignation, along with your repeated appeals for deferential treatment, falls on deaf ears.  

 When any user breaches the rules or guidelines they can expect me to take action and the action I take depends on the situation and what is acceptable and appropriate to the circumstances.  In this instance you breached rule 6. once to often.  Take heed by keeping away from the fray.

I'll deal with troll's and spammers under the rules and guidelines as and when they are breached.  You would like me to ignore the guidelines and rules when a particular user is not to your taste.  As a mod I have to follow my remit whereas you have no remit to follow on this forum.

Vin
Online
Joined: 03/12/2011

Exactly my point!!. You treat trolls and spammers as you would treat legitimate users. Most moderators remove spammers and trolls as the appear. 

Mod said:   You would like me to ignore the guidelines and rules when a particular user is not to your taste.

I have no problem declaring that abusers, trolls and spammers are not to my taste. Obviously you dont mind them which is a good reason for you not to be a mod.

 

You have ignored the rules for years with LBird and you have ignored the rules with Bob arsole. You have alway used the rules to suit yourself. 

moderator1
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2013

Vin wrote:

Exactly my point!!. You treat trolls and spammers as you would treat legitimate users. Most moderators remove spammers and trolls as the appear. 

Mod said:   You would like me to ignore the guidelines and rules when a particular user is not to your taste.

I have no problem declaring that abusers, trolls and spammers are not to my taste. Obviously you dont mind them which is a good reason for you not to be a mod.

 

You have ignored the rules for years with LBird and you have ignored the rules with Bob arsole. You have alway used the rules to suit yourself. 

I take it has escaped your notice that LBird is on an indefinite suspension - his 5th!  But yet again you are making claims with no evidence.  And yet again you are proving to be a distraction.  I repeat "stay out of the fray" and let me get on with dealing with spammers and trolls through my remit.  They will be dealt with as and when they appear on the forum and breach the rules.

I have no more to say on this particular subject.

Vin
Online
Joined: 03/12/2011

moderator1 wrote:

I repeat "stay out of the fray" 

and just accept that I am to receive abuse? Without  being allowed to defendi myself or appeal to moderation? You do realise that it is highly unlikely to lead to an increase in forum participation? Especially from women and gays? 

It is your job to make the forum a safe place, at the moment it isn't. You just "get on with you job", then

 

 

Vin
Online
Joined: 03/12/2011

moderator1 wrote:

But yet again you are making claims with no evidence.  

This is a lie, a lie you insist on repeating

Tim Kilgallon
Tim Kilgallon's picture
Offline
Joined: 17/11/2015

I would guess that one of the big objectives of trolling, ring pieces like Bob Andrews is to cause disharmony between Socialists.

I know from personal experience that both Brian and Vin are committed and active Socialists. If Socialists like Vinand Brian are arguing with each other, then they are not putting that energy into fighting the real enemy the vicious, inhumane, system of society that we currently have to endure. Surely we are better fighting the common enemy.

As to The clearly provocative, sexist, homophobic, parody of a human being that is Bob Andrews, it is clear what his objectives are. He clearly has some kind of familial link to the dead hand of the Ashbourne Court Group,  it is sad that the legacy of the life time of commitment to Socialist activity that the members of that group have undertaken, activity that I would be proud to have been able to have carried out one tenth of, should  now be represented by the clearly anti socialist sewage of  Knob Andrews


Marcos
Offline
Joined: 23/04/2017

I do not understand why we do not have that kind of problems on the WSM forum, it is older than this forum, it has more members, and it used  to have a lot of activities, and it only has about 6 simple rules, and we pull out the plug to the trouble makers and the trollers, and the moderator does not have to wear the moderator hat all the time, and members do not need so much policing

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Login or register to post comments