Skip to Content

Socialist Party Video Launch

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vin
Offline
Joined: 03/12/2011

 

The video can be promoted using Twitter; Facebook and Youtube. Who would be responsible for this?  Which committee needs to make the request to the EC to underake such a campaign? The sooner the better as far as I am concerned

 

Matt
Matt's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/04/2010

You, me, we are responsible. We can't spam it out. It has already had over a thousand hits as far as I can see.

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs".

Vin
Offline
Joined: 03/12/2011

Matt wrote:

You, me, we are responsible. We can't spam it out. It has already had over a thousand hits as far as I can see.

Yes I know that but I was referring advertising it 

gnome
gnome's picture
Online
Joined: 14/10/2011

Vin wrote:

Matt wrote:

You, me, we are responsible. We can't spam it out. It has already had over a thousand hits as far as I can see.

Yes I know that but I was referring advertising it 

I think an urgent email from the AVC to the Assistant Secretary this weekend (or what's left of it) for inclusion on next Saturday's EC agenda should suffice.

Combined views of the video are now hovering around the 2.5k mark.

Vin
Offline
Joined: 03/12/2011

gnome wrote:

Combined views of the video are now hovering around the 2.5k mark.

 

Not bad for two dayswink

 

Matt
Matt's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/04/2010

Quote:
Combined views of the video are now hovering around the 2.5k mark.

That is the same as the SOYMB blog.

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs".

Matt
Matt's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/04/2010

Vin a comrade in WSPUS, I don't want to put his name up here, said ," We like the video -- it's very well done -- and would like to use it over here in the US. The hitch is that it refers twice to "the Socialist Party." Would it be a lot of trouble to produce a generic version referring instead to "the World Socialist Movement"?

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs".

Vin
Offline
Joined: 03/12/2011

Matt wrote:

The hitch is that it refers twice to "the Socialist Party." Would it be a lot of trouble to produce a generic version referring instead to "the World Socialist Movement"?

It would require a new voiceover (cost) and the SPGB Logo and contact details changed (I can do that). So it is doable. Have you a link to the their facebook?

NB On second thoughts, they would get away with the existing voiceover as it does not refer to the SPGB

Vin
Offline
Joined: 03/12/2011

A number of left wing Facebook groups have liked and shared the video. 

2.9k views so far

 

Vin
Offline
Joined: 03/12/2011

Matt wrote:

Vin a comrade in WSPUS, I don't want to put his name up here, said ," We like the video -- it's very well done -- and would like to use it over here in the US. The hitch is that it refers twice to "the Socialist Party." Would it be a lot of trouble to produce a generic version referring instead to "the World Socialist Movement"?

I have no problem with this. However, having given it some thought,  it occured to me that I would be taking a video that belonged to the SPGB, applying edits and offering it free to companion parties.  As I say, I have no problem with this and I can do the work required but does it require approval of the SPGB first? 

Login or register to post comments